Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Not everyone likes Martha Stewart either....

So, I got my first "Negative" feedback today...no worries!
My Grandma always said "You can't please everybody all of the time!" And there is so much truth in that statement! No matter how much we wish that no one will criticize our work--sooner or later....its a' comin'!!!!! And ya know what????? C'est magnifique (translation It's all good~lol)

Not everyone likes Martha Stewart either, but she carries on! People told Picasso he was a nut...and he carried on...people thought Andy Warhol's work was "too out there" and "ridiculous looking" and he carried on...The chefs on 'Top Chef' get dogged by the judges sometimes on the food they make...and they carry on...the Project Runway designers get trampled on in forums and blogs about how ugly and "not together" their designs look...and they carry on--And that's what I'm going to do! Do you think LeAnn or Christian from Project Runway never had anyone who didn't like their work? They most certainly did, and there is ALWAYS going to be someone who doesn't like what you have done.
I was always suspicious of the Etsy shops that had ALL positive feedbacks--like there is NO ONE who didn't like it?? NO ONE??? We've all had a case of buyers remorse at some point in time! Then you tend to notice that they have sold 2,500 items but only have 1,200 positive feedbacks---so ummmm yeah--the odds are pretty high that someone was not likin' it somewhere out of those 1,300 people that didn't leave feedback!

Handmade is handmade it is not mass produced or sewn on a commercial machine. You have to "MAKE IT WORK" in the infamous word of Tim Gunn (whom I love), but you can't make it work for 100% of the people 100% of the time!
It is original and creative and laboriously stitched with two hands-- Hey, when someone attacks your handi-work, it stings~I'm not going to lie about that~ BUT why be angry? I'm not perfect and don't profess to be by any means! Let's be honest, I am sure that there are others who may have purchased my bags that didn't like them either, they just didn't leave feedback--but the majority of my customers do! You like what you like and you can't be downed for that or made to feel bad for expressing your opinion. I do wish the buyer would have contacted me about what he felt looked "Handmade" but srsly...all my bags are handmade--they are original and aren't meant to look commercially produced-
I have a ton of feedback where customers are praising Hypernoodle purses saying they look 100% BETTER than the picture! I am not a photographer at all and think my pictures look pretty suck-y, actually...too dark sometimes...to light others and not showing enough detail--so the fact that someone actually thought the PICTURE was better than the PURSE itself this time is actually pretty funny to me! Oh well--it is pointless to be bitter and is not going to get ya anywhere or solve anything... I still love making them and I offer the same customer service to that buyer that I do to everyone else--because you can't please everybody all the time~~ so you can't be a hypocrite and be bitter to the ones who aren't happy and nice to the ones who are. That's what business is about! With me, everyone still gets the same high level of customer service!

But more importantly, the much brighter side to all of this is that I think my 300+ positive feedbacks and the multiple repeat customers I have (love ya!) who own 2, 3, 4 and 5 Hypernoodle purses--speak much higher volumes about my work!

Grandma is a wise woman and I give her kudos for preparing me for the inevitable...I still love, love, LOVE it and its not going to stop me from Hypernoodlin' for all my customers who love 'em! :) I mean imagine what the world would be like if every creative person was defeated everytime someone didn't like their work?!?!?!
I mean, Martha Stewart didn't throw in the towel everytime someone said she sucked! She dusted the knock down dirt off and did it again! (thanks, Martha! you ROCK!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© The Hyper Hub. Powered by